Tesco Media Terms and Conditions
- BASIS OF USE OF THE TESCO MEDIA SITE
- These terms & conditions govern your use of the Tesco Media site in general.
- These terms & conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The content of the Tesco Media site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Tesco Media site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Tesco Media site without written permission from Tesco.
- No licence is granted to you in these terms & conditions to use any trademark of Tesco or its affiliated companies.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- As a convenience to Tesco customers, the Tesco Media site may include links to other websites or material. Tesco is not responsible for any of these websites or material which is beyond its control.
- ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
- Part of the Tesco Media site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Third party advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Tesco Media site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material provided by third parties.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE TESCO MEDIA SITE
- Although Tesco aims to offer you the best service possible, Tesco cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the customer services or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Tesco Media site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- We may update these terms & conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Tesco Media site. The changes will apply to the use of the Tesco Media site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new terms & conditions you should not continue to use the Tesco Media site. If you continue to use the Tesco Media site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Tesco Media site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new terms & conditions.
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
- The Tesco Media site is provided by Tesco through its affiliated company dunnhumby Limited without any warranties or guarantees. You will bear the risks associated with the use of the internet.
- The Tesco Media site provides content from other internet sites or resources and while Tesco tries to ensure that material included on the Tesco Media site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. Tesco will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Tesco Media site. If Tesco is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Tesco Media site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
- In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following: (a) incompatibility of the Tesco Media site with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links; and (b) technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Tesco Media site.
- If we are in breach of these terms & conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Tesco Media site.
- Our responsibility to you shall not include any business losses such as lost data, lost profits, lost sales or business interruption.
- This paragraph 12 does not limit or affect our responsibility to you if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms & conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms & conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these terms & conditions and we choose to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these terms & conditions.
- Neither party shall not be responsible for any breach of these terms & conditions caused by circumstances beyond that party’s control.
- These terms & conditions are subject to English law. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- CUSTOMER SERVICES
- If you have any queries, please contact us.
The Tesco Media site is for information purposes only. Nothing included in the site is an offer or shall be deemed to form part of any agreement which may be entered into between you and Tesco. Tesco makes no representations or guarantees as to the accuracy of any information included in the site or for the suitability of any products, solutions or otherwise included in the site for your intended purpose.
The Tesco Media site is owned by Tesco Stores Limited, trading under various names including Tesco Media, a company registered in England whose registered office is at Tesco House, Delamere Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL, with Company Registration No. 519500 and VAT No. GB220 4302 31.
Last updated March 2012